|The Spirit Play - POST SHOW DISCUSSION [Change]
|Thursday, 13 October 2011
|ARRIVING AT THE THEATER:
- The Storefront Theater is located on the first floor of the gallery 37 building at 66 E. Randolph, in between Wabash and Michigan Avenues.
- Discounted parking is available for $12 at InterPark Garage, located at 20 E. Randolph, across the street from Macy’s. Please see a Ticket Office Representative for your validation ticket. Price subject to change.
- All sales are final; exchanges are subject to availability.
- Your tickets will be held under your name at will call. The Ticket Office will open one hour prior to curtain in the lobby of the Storefront Theater.
- All seating is general admission. If you have any special needs, please contact the Ticket Office prior to your visit.
- Doors will open for seating fifteen minutes prior to curtain.
- Late seating is at the discretion of the House Manager. Please arrive at least five minutes prior to curtain to ensure seating.
ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE:
The Spirit Play WORLD PREMIERE!
Written by Emily Schwartz
Presented by Strange Tree Group
October 05, 2011 — November 05, 2011
Storefront Theater, 66 E. Randolph
$20 for general admission; $15 for seniors and students; $10 for preview (10/5 & 10/6)
Séances, spirit mediums, and supernatural occurrences took Victorian-era America by storm, as otherwise sensible people grasped at any means to reach out to their loved-ones on the other side. In the insular, upper-class world of 1870s Chicago, three scheming charlatans prey on the rich with elaborate tricks and magic during well-rehearsed séances. But when young Jane, the so-called medium, begins to receive unexpected communications from the dead, her world takes a stunning turn.
Thursday, October 13
Contacting the Spirits: Magic and Mentalism in the 19th Century
Wednesday, October 26 at 7:00pm
DCA Storefront Theater, 66 E. Randolph
Lecture on mentalism and spirit mediums in 1870s Chicago followed by a magic demonstration.
For more information on this show, visit www.DCATheater.org
Choose a Section
Mouse over a section to view pricing and availability. Click a section to see detailed availability and make your selection.
Click here to buy your tickets now!
Staff use only