|Friday, 25 November 2011
|ARRIVING AT THE THEATER:
- The Storefront Theater is located on the first floor of the gallery 37 building at 66 E. Randolph, in between Wabash and Michigan Avenues.
- Discounted parking is available for $12 at InterPark Garage, located at 20 E. Randolph, across the street from Macy’s. Please see a Ticket Office Representative for your validation ticket. Price subject to change.
- All sales are final; exchanges are subject to availability.
- Your tickets will be held under your name at will call. The Ticket Office will open one hour prior to curtain in the lobby of the Storefront Theater.
- All seating is general admission. If you have any special needs, please contact the Ticket Office prior to your visit.
- Doors will open for seating approximately fifteen minutes prior to curtain.
- Late seating is at the discretion of the House Manager. Please arrive at least five minutes prior to curtain to ensure seating.
ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE:
Written by Henrik Ibsen, translated by Robert Bly
Directed by Jeremy Wechsler
Presented by Polarity Ensemble Theatre
November 15, 2011 — December 18, 2011
Storefront Theater, located at 66 E. Randolph
$20 for general admission; $15 for seniors; $10 for students; $10 for preview (11/15, 11/16 & 11/17)
Audience Advisories: Theatrical hazers will be used during this production. Current running time is 2 hours and 25 minutes, including one 10 minute intermission.
The wild, globe-trotting adventurer Peer Gynt barrels across the stage in the Chicago premiere of Robert Bly’s high-energy translation of this seldom-performed Ibsen classic. In this adaptation, unencumbered by morals or a sense of responsibility, Peer’s mythic journey is envisioned as that of America itself, from scrappy trickster to imperial power and beyond. The rustic settings and live music reminiscent of 19th and 20th Century Americana accompany Peer on a 150 year whirlwind tour of the American psyche.
Thursday, December 1
For more information on this show, visit www.DCATheater.org
Choose a Section
Mouse over a section to view pricing and availability. Click a section to see detailed availability and make your selection.
Click here to buy your tickets now!
Staff use only