|Saturday, 18 February 2012
|ARRIVING AT THE THEATER:
- The Storefront Theater is located on the first floor of the gallery 37 building at 66 E. Randolph, in between Wabash and Michigan Avenues.
- Discounted parking is available for $12 at InterPark Garage, located at 20 E. Randolph, across the street from Macy’s. Please see a Ticket Office Representative for your validation ticket. Price subject to change.
- All sales are final; exchanges are subject to availability.
- Your tickets will be held under your name at will call. The Ticket Office will open one hour prior to curtain in the lobby of the Storefront Theater.
- All seating is general admission. If you have any special needs, please contact the Ticket Office prior to your visit.
- Doors will open for seating fifteen minutes prior to curtain.
- Late seating is at the discretion of the House Manager. Please arrive at least five minutes prior to curtain to ensure seating.
ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE:
The Ghost is Here US PREMIERE!
Written by Kobo Abe, translated by Donald Keene
Directed by Jaclynn Jutting
Presented by Vitalist Theatre
January 12, 2012 — February 19, 2012
Storefront Theater, located at 66 E. Randolph
$25 for general admission; $20 for seniors; $15 for students; $15 for previews (1/12)
Kobo Abe’s rarely-produced 1957 epic play, The Ghost is Here, examines the impact of war upon a culture and a nation. Set in the ruins of post-World War II Japan at a moment in history when the nation was forced to redefine itself as a country, the play uses original music, stylized song and dance, and a multicultural cast to bring Abe’s story to life to a “Tokyo Boogie Woogie” beat. As Japan’s people reinvent themselves in the midst of monumental challenges, The Ghost is Here echoes straight to modern day America.
Thursday, January 19
For more information on this show, visit www.DCATheater.org
Check out what’s next in the DCA Storefront Theater.
Choose a Section
Mouse over a section to view pricing and availability. Click a section to see detailed availability and make your selection.
Click here to buy your tickets now!
Staff Use Only