|Saturday, 24 March 2012
|ARRIVING AT THE THEATER:
- The Storefront Theater is located on the first floor of the gallery 37 building at 66 E. Randolph, in between Wabash and Michigan Avenues.
- Discounted parking is available for $12 at InterPark Garage, located at 20 E. Randolph, across the street from Macy’s. Please see a Ticket Office Representative for your validation ticket. Price subject to change.
- All sales are final; exchanges are subject to availability.
- Your tickets will be held under your name at will call. The Ticket Office will open one hour prior to curtain in the lobby of the Storefront Theater.
- All seating is general admission. If you have any special needs, please contact the Ticket Office prior to your visit.
- Doors will open for seating fifteen minutes prior to curtain.
- Late seating is at the discretion of the House Manager. Please arrive at least five minutes prior to curtain to ensure seating.
ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE:
Las Hermanas Padilla CHICAGO PREMIERE!
Written by Tony Meneses
Directed by Juan Castañeda
Presented by Chicago Fusion Theatre
February 29, 2012 — April 01, 2012
Storefront Theater, located at 66 E. Randolph
$25 for general admission; $15 for seniors and students; $15 for previews (2/29)
Las Hermanas Padilla is a moving, funny and brutally honest story of women coping with a war-torn world. In Tony Meneses’ award-winning play, ten sisters-in-law are left behind by their husbands as every man in the world is at war. Together the women find solace, despair, humor and grace in their sisterhood. Las Hermanas Padilla is the story of unexpected communities that form in response to anxiety and loss, and how these communities endure with vivacity, humor and strength.
Thursday, March 8
ENHANCED PERFORMANCE for persons who are blind or visually impaired
Sunday, March 11
This performance is open to anyone wishing to see the show, with some enhancements to the performance and experience, including:
- Early entry to the theatre at 2:00 p.m., with trained assistance and reserved accessible seating.
- Groups may make reservations for a “Touch Tour” of the set, props, costumes and other production elements. To make a reservation for the “Touch Tour”, please email us at: email@example.com with the number of participants so we may stagger group scheduling.
- An opportunity to meet the cast of Las Hermanas Padilla prior to the performance.
- A pre-show discussion lead by the Dramaturg and Director to describe the setting (particularly where the sound comes from on various areas of the set), characters, and other visual portions of the play.
- Live music selection prior to the show performed by select cast members.
- A reader/performer to verbally relay projected words and non-dialogue actions during the performance. Please note, this will be audible to all attending the performance.
For more information on this show, visit www.DCATheater.org
Check out what’s next in the DCA Storefront Theater.
Choose a Section
Mouse over a section to view pricing and availability. Click a section to see detailed availability and make your selection.
Click here to buy your tickets now!
Staff Use Only