Las Hermanas Padilla CHICAGO PREMIERE!
Written by Tony Meneses
Directed by Juan Castañeda
Presented by Chicago Fusion Theatre
February 29, 2012 — April 01, 2012
Storefront Theater, located at 66 E. Randolph
$25 for general admission; $15 for seniors and students; $15 for previews (2/29)
Las Hermanas Padilla is a moving, funny and brutally honest story of women coping with a war-torn world. In Tony Meneses’ award-winning play, ten sisters-in-law are left behind by their husbands as every man in the world is at war. Together the women find solace, despair, humor and grace in their sisterhood. Las Hermanas Padilla is the story of unexpected communities that form in response to anxiety and loss, and how these communities endure with vivacity, humor and strength.
Thursday, March 8
ENHANCED PERFORMANCE for persons who are blind or visually impaired
Sunday, March 11
This performance is open to anyone wishing to see the show, with some enhancements to the performance and experience, including:
- Early entry to the theatre at 2:00 p.m., with trained assistance and reserved accessible seating.
- Groups may make reservations for a “Touch Tour” of the set, props, costumes and other production elements. To make a reservation for the “Touch Tour”, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of participants so we may stagger group scheduling.
- An opportunity to meet the cast of Las Hermanas Padilla prior to the performance.
- A pre-show discussion lead by the Dramaturg and Director to describe the setting (particularly where the sound comes from on various areas of the set), characters, and other visual portions of the play.
- Live music selection prior to the show performed by select cast members.
- A reader/performer to verbally relay projected words and non-dialogue actions during the performance. Please note, this will be audible to all attending the performance.
For more information on this show, visit www.DCATheater.org
Check out what’s next in the DCA Storefront Theater.